how long we have been around this newsgroup
SF
2015-11-23 22:53:43 UTC
I had to look it up since I had another email adress in those prehistoric
times, but I seem to have started to hang around this group at the beginning
of 2002. In those days it was Leola who had the biggest input in the group.
I wonder if she is still alive
When did you all came here and do you still find it helpful?
For me if this group didn’t exist I would never had heard of a treatment
that actually works and wouldn’t have searched for help (i hope to get it at
the beginning of next year)

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=nl#!searchin/alt.support.hepatitis-c/Fasting$20for$20ALT$20test$3F/alt.support.hepatitis-c/X9RpWdfUesY/yb2HAMn4ZdwJ

SF
Thip
2015-11-25 20:46:01 UTC
Post by SF
I had to look it up since I had another email adress in those prehistoric
times, but I seem to have started to hang around this group at the
beginning of 2002. In those days it was Leola who had the biggest input in
the group. I wonder if she is still alive
When did you all came here and do you still find it helpful?
For me if this group didn’t exist I would never had heard of a treatment
that actually works and wouldn’t have searched for help (i hope to get it
at the beginning of next year)
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=nl#!searchin/alt.support.hepatitis-c/Fasting$20for$20ALT$20test$3F/alt.support.hepatitis-c/X9RpWdfUesY/yb2HAMn4ZdwJ
SF
I showed up in '02. I remember cmhDavid (who passed), Elmo, Waterspider,
Cody....brain fog is hitting me because I know there are more. Remember
Mom? Geb. Dez Perado. Hoofprints, of course. Lu Tze (also gone, I
believe). Russ. Cactus Jammies. Oh, my, so many memories. I joined the
group immediately after I was dx'd because I thought I was going to die.
It's almost dead, but I belong to a very active group on Facebook too.
Matter of fact, I found Cody there!
SF
2015-11-25 23:11:41 UTC
"Thip" schreef in bericht news:***@mid.individual.net...

"SF" <***@example.nl> wrote in message

I showed up in '02. I remember cmhDavid (who passed), Elmo, Waterspider,
Cody....brain fog is hitting me because I know there are more. Remember
Mom? Geb. Dez Perado. Hoofprints, of course. Lu Tze (also gone, I
believe). Russ. Cactus Jammies. Oh, my, so many memories. I joined the
group immediately after I was dx'd because I thought I was going to die.
It's almost dead, but I belong to a very active group on Facebook too.
Matter of fact, I found Cody there!

------------------------------------
I can hardly remember people anymore that I spend time with when I was
young, so I applaud you for remembering so many on social media. I'm not
facebook, I'm on google+ and twitter but I never talk about hcv. I think the
stigma is too big for that. There was a time this newsgroup wasn't available
for me and I had to wait till it became available again. Then it was
suddenly very empty. Another usenet group that I was in for years and years
about pets used to be so busy till the trolls completely ruined it. Now
noone ever visits anymore.

SF
Thip
2015-11-26 14:19:35 UTC
Post by Thip
[...]
I started FB because my family was scattered and it was a great way to stay
in touch. Then it grew and grew and so did my involvement. Google has
pretty much killed Usenet anyway, and FB is the best way to stay in touch
with multiple people near and far.

This is the second time in two days people have told me they don't talk
about hep c because of the stigma. What stigma? Are you dirty? I'm not.
When I was dx'd everyone, including my doctor, told me not to tell anyone.
I didn't for a few days and then I got mad. Why should I keep it a secret?
I hadn't done anything wrong. So, thanks to ash-c and the Internet, I
educated myself and started talking. I taught co-workers all about hep c
and what it's like to have it. I taught staff at the prison where I worked.
I taught groups of inmates. I still haven't shut up. I figure the
so-called "stigma" (a label I refuse to wear) will remain as long as we keep
silent. The more people we educate, the more we bring it into the light,
the less impact it has.